On 10th November, the Inquiry team announced its first call for evidence.
The team are inviting the following people to give their evidence:
- families, friends, and carers of inpatients who died across NHS Trusts in Essex between 2000-2020
- anyone else with experience of inpatient mental health care in Essex between 2000-2020.
An evidence session is your chance to speak to the Inquiry team in a safe and non-judgemental environment about your experiences. You may share any information you feel is relevant to the Inquiry. We will not interrogate you during evidence sessions or put you on the spot; instead, this is an opportunity for your voice to be heard, and for us to learn from you.
Here is a message from the Chair to the Inquiry, Dr Geraldine Strathdee, in which she answers some questions you may have about giving evidence:
If you wish to come forward and speak to us, you can get in touch via:
- email at email@example.com
- voicemail on 0207 972 3500
- post, our address is: EMHII, PO Box 78136, LONDON, SW1P 9WW.
If you would prefer, you can use the webform to send us your contact details.
FAQs on the evidence sessions can be found here.
In due course the Inquiry team be inviting staff, former staff, organisations and others (including relevant professionals and expert witnesses) affected by mental health inpatient care and deaths in Essex to attend evidence sessions.